Guidelines for Enrollment into Careers
- Be referred by DVR or have some other means by which services are paid, such as an insurance trust fund.
- Or, assign your Social Security Ticket to Work to Vadis if you have a desire and ability to work full time at a livable wage and be independent of public benefits, such as social security or welfare.
- Have a documented disability
- Have successfully completed a drug or alcohol program and at least six months of sobriety if you have a history of substance abuse.
- Not be a sex offender. You must go through a review process if you have community protection issues other than sex offender.
- Possess realistic views towards your vocational goals, wage expectations and employability within the current labor market standards.
- Have reliable transportation (i.e.: Pierce Transit, shuttle or car).
- Be a United States citizen, or legal alien with permission to work in the U.S.
If you are interested in further information regarding Careers services, ask your DVR counselor to refer you to Vadis.
If you wish to assign your Social Security Ticket to Work Click on Karen or call 253.863.5173 ext.228